The new Lamborghini Urus: The world’s first Super Sport Utility Vehicle
- Design, performance, driving dynamics and driving emotion – pure Lamborghini DNA
- Suitable for everyday driving in a range of environments
- 4.0 liter V8 twin-turbo engine with 650 hp and 850 Nm of torque for maximum performance
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds and top speed 305 km/h
- 4WD system with active torque vectoring and four-wheel steering for perfect handling
- Carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension and active roll stabilization for maximum safety and comfort
- Up to six different driving modes + EGO mode available via ‘Tamburo’ driving dynamics selector
Sant'Agata Bolognese, 4 December 2017 –Automobili Lamborghini launches its third model the Lamborghini Urus, the first Super Sport Utility Vehicle, and creates a new niche in the luxury segment with benchmarking power, performance and driving dynamics, unparalleled design, luxury and daily usability.
"The Lamborghini Urus is a visionary approach based on the infusion of Lamborghini DNA into the most versatile vehicle, the SUV. The Urus elevates the SUV to a level not previously possible, the Super SUV. It is a true Lamborghini in terms of design, performance, driving dynamics and emotion as well as drivable every day in a range of environments," says Stefano Domenicali, Automobili Lamborghini Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "The Urus fits perfectly within the Lamborghini family as a high performance car. It is the culmination of intensive development and passionate skill to create a new breed of bull: a Super SUV that transcends the boundaries of expectations and opens the door to new possibilities, for both our brand and our customers."
The Urus features a 4.0 liter V8 twin-turbo engine delivering 650 hp (478 kW) at 6,000 rpm, maximum 6,800 rpm, and 850 Nm of maximum torque already at 2,250 rpm. With 162.7 hp/l the Urus claims one of the highest specific power outputs in its class and the best weight-to-power ratio at 3,38 kg/hp.
The Urus accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds, 0-200 km/h in 12,8 seconds and with a top speed of 305 km/h it is the fastest SUV available.
Full text is available in the download section